Monday, April 4, 2011

Radiohead, The King of Limbs: My review

The King of Limbs is Radiohead's latest album, which I picked up over the weekend for only six bucks. I'm glad I didn't pay any more than that. Here's a one-sentence review of each of the eight tracks on The King of Limbs:

"Bloom": This song has a repetitive, awkward drum beat that critics will invariably hail for "pushing rhythmic boundaries" and lots of bland, ambient noise that "introduces the listener to this new sonic world in which The King of Limbs lives."

"Morning Mr. Magpie": This song has two sections comprised of a repetitive, awkward electronic beat, broken up by a slower, acoustic but equally repetitive section in the middle.

"Little By Little": Oh my God there's actual bass and guitars and a verse-chorus-verse structure and I hope this marks a turning point in the album!

"Feral": Nope.

"Lotus Flower": I liked the remix better.

"Codex": Sorry, I fell asleep during this one.

"Give Up the Ghost": And this one.

"Separator": With its disco beat and almost-catchy chorus, this song is the best so far and I can't wait to hear the rest of the al-- oh, it's over already?

No comments: