Thursday, February 16, 2012

12 for '12: Radiohead

In an effort to get this blog a-rollin' again, I've decided to start a new series called 12 for '12. Every week I'll create a Spotify playlist featuring 12 songs from one artist.

These aren't necessarily the artist's 12 best songs, or even my 12 favorite songs by the artist, just 12 that I think are good and representative of the artist's career. If you'd never heard any of these artists,* I'd like to think you'd have a pretty good feeling of what they're about after listening to these playlists.

To kick things off, let's start with Radiohead. I'm not a huge, huge fan, especially of the band's more experimental, electronic stuff (as you can tell by my review of the last album, The King of Limbs). But Radiohead still has a lot of gems that touch on several different styles. So check out the 12 songs I picked** and let me know what you think: 12 for '12: Radiohead

*You've probably heard (or at least heard of) all the artists I'll be choosing.
**I couldn't pick songs from In Rainbows or the In Rainbows bonus disc, because they're not on Spotify. If I could've, I would've substituted "Down is the New Up" for "Idioteque."

Photo (cc) by alterna2 on Flickr and republished here under a Creative Commons license. Some rights reserved.

No comments: