Friday, September 24, 2010

AC/DC Target commercial: For those about to make blueberry pancakes, we salute you

So I was watching "Grey's Anatomy" last night -- OK, you can stop laughing. Seriously, stop. Now. -- and a Target commercial came on. The soundtrack? AC/DC's 1981 classic, "For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)."

Yes, you heard that right. It was an AC/DC Target commercial. Showing a woman making blueberry pancakes. Presumably using all products she bought at Target. Don't believe me? See it for yourself:



I know, AC/DC is just below Kiss on the "You want to give us money to use our song? Sure thing!" scale, but still. This AC/DC Target commercial was pretty surprising. As YouTube commenter AnnessainFlorida wrote:
I could have tolerated a car commercial or a beer ad or something, but PANCAKES AT TARGET??? Come on!!!
Come on, indeed. I can't wait to see the next video, in which kids play sports in the backyard while "Big Balls" blares in the background.

No comments: